Short-Term Study VISA(D-2-8)
1. Eligible Applicants
This visa category is designed for students who wish seeking to study any short course(less than one year) including summer/winter exchange student.
The holder of this visa (D-2-8) is not allowed to engage in any other activity for remuneration such as a part-time job. In case a foreign student breaks this rule, he/she will be penalized according to the article 94 or 95 of Immigration Law. In principle, a tuition fee or living expenses in Korea shall be covered by his/her own money, therefore, to an applicant who intends to raise money for tuition fees or expenses in Korea is restricted from this visa issuance.
Students do not need to obtain a visa If your country is under Designated Visa-Free Entry countries or Visa Waiver Agreements with Korea.
Designated Visa-Free Entry Countries (Click Here)
Countries under Visa Waiver Agreement (Click Here)
2. Required Documents
※ If necessary, Embassy of the Republic of Korea may ask an applicant to submit more documents than required.
The highlighted documents in yellow color will be emailed by KAU upon your application.
- A completed and signed visa application form (Please find the attached)
- Original passport (must have at least 6 months validity left)
- One color photograph taken within the last 6 months to be attached to the form
* Size : 3.5cm x 4.5cm
* White or off-white background
- A photocopy of signed Certificate of Admission issued by the chief dean of a university
*If you are responsible for expenses during study in Korea, you also need to submit a certificate of bank balance/bank statement.
- Certificate of the latest scholastic achievement
- Certificate of enrolment or academic transcripts from current educational institution in Australia
- Certificate of business registration of the Korean university
- Visa Application fee
3. Visa Processing time: Approximately 10 to 15 working days
* Please note that it might take more than 10 working days for the applications lodged by mail.
* Embassy of the Republic of Korea does not return visa documents once it submitted.
4. Contact Details: Please contact your nearest Consulate General of the Republic of Korea